Monday, February 11, 2008

Find the Missing Links Contest

When you are newly bereaved, you enter a strange new world that you didn't know existed and that you don't want to be a part of. Overwhelmed by grief and emotions, it is common to feel completely alone and not know where to turn for help.

Realizing that most of my website visitors are just days and weeks from their loss, I wanted to compile a comprehensive listing of resources as a springboard for my visitors to find the help and support they so desperately need.

While I have a lot of links already listed, I know there are a tremendous amount of others still out there. I need your help to "Find the Missing Links". Please visit the following pages and let me know of any websites that I still need to add:

I am also in need of links for:
  • Infertility Resources
  • Military Bereavement Support
  • Specific Medical Causes and Advocacy Groups

Please copy and paste the following information into an email to resources @ myforeverchild.com (remove the spaces)
Website Name:
URL:
Brief Description:
Any Additional Comment:

Each individual Link to us will be counted as 1 entry. Please include all the links in 1 email, not separate emails. If you need to send more that 1 email, please make note that you already sent an email-this will be counted towards our Second Place Prize- see below. Be sure to include your name and email address. All links submitted will be entered into a drawing. The contest ends on February 29th. The winner will be contacted via email and announced in our Blog and in the March Newsletter.

The Grand Prize is a choice of either a Custom Photo Pendant or Custom Handprint-Footprint Pendant. Each includes 3 lines of personalization on the back.
The Second Place Prize is for the individual who submits the most links. Please note that we only want the links we don't already have listed, hence, the "Missing Links". If you submit a link that we already have, it won't be counted as an entry.

So cull through your saved favorites on your computer, ask your friends which websites and discussion groups helped them, and send in as many resources as you can by February 29th. Good Luck!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Website Name: Compassionate Friends
URL:http://compassionatefriends.org
Brief Description: A support group for parents, siblings, and grandparents who have lost a child to any cause.
Any Additional Comment:I lost my daughter Lizzy, will be a year on 2-25. She was only 10. At the funeral someone mentioned to me about Compassionate Friends and how it helped them after their 18 year old son committed suicide.......I just put it in the back of my head like so many other things until last month when I felt I needed to be with other parents who have lost children and it was the BEST thing that I could have ever done. I didn't feel so alone in my feelings and although it was very sad and I couldn't even speak about my own personal loss yet, It was good to be around people who felt the same way I did. I highly recommend Compassionate Friends, I will be going to my second meeting next week and can't wait.....