Sunday, November 23, 2008

We're Back!

I just wanted to let you all know that we're back from our vacation. We had a great time- a 5 day cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mexico. Here are a few pictures I'd like to share with you:

We visited the ancient Mayan ruins at Tulum, Mexico. This was the temple for the Fertility Goddess. All women were expected to make the long trek at least once in their life to pay homage and pray for pregnancy and babies. The facade of the temple eroded a long time ago, and it's hard to make out the symbols used, but the story has remained intact.



This picture is from the outside of the fertility temple. It represents a sad reality of childbearing- stillbirth and neonatal death. I thought it was interesting that the Mayans publically acknowledged that death was a very real part of life, and that not all births turn out happily.



This was taken in front of our cruise ship, and about 20 minutes before I became violently ill while traveling to Tulum, lol.



Here is Rich at the cliff of the Mayan ruins. A gorgeous clear blue water beach is below, along with several large native iguanas. A real sight to behold!



Thank you to everyone who placed orders while we were out- I have plenty of work to keep me busy this week :-) We've already processed the shipping labels for what's going out this week, and many more supplies are on order.

I accidentally broke my digital camera after we came home. I have a lot of new products to roll out, but hadn't taken the pictures yet. I'm not sure what to do...I'll post the pics as soon as I'm able to.

No comments: